Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Mujik (Continued ...)

Opening Mood: New version is out... Gotta start porting everything soon.
Opening Song: Piano Man - Billy Joel.

Have you noticed that when you want something *very* badly, it's always out of stock.

Like yesterday, I went to Planet M, hoping to buy Switch by INXS. Searched the whole shop and finally found INXS. But no Switch. There was every other album of their's except Switch. Now my usual response is to walk out of the shop with a dejected face. But not this time!

Right next to INXS was James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam". Something that I had not planned on buying. But I wanted it the moment I saw it. For the past two days, the song "You're Beautiful" has stuck like some worm in my head. I simply cannot seem to get rid of it.

And then after a bit of browsing I also found "Piano Man - The best of Billy Joel". If you like Billy Joel, you gotta have this one. This has all my favourite songs including - "She's always a woman", "Piano Man", "We didn't start the fire", "River of Dreams" and many more.

Shakira! I don't know what's there in her music except the fact that it make me go "oo-la-la" everytime I listen to it. Bought off "Hips Don't Lie". Trust me, they don't!!

But the top buy of the evening was "Let's folk again" - A planet M Exclusive. It has some of the best folk songs by stalwarts like Dylan, Baez, Simon and Garfunkel, Chris De Burgh and others. It's a two CD Album and also comes with the lyrics book. Nice package.

Also bought off "Anand" DVD. I've been wanting to *own* this one for quite sometime now. It's one of my all time favorites.

I know I've spent a fortune on all these. But the knowledge that the music you are listening to is one hundred percent legal, is simply priceless!!

Closing Song: Kya mujhe pyaar hai - Woh Lamhe.
Closing Mood: Fresh!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you do get the cd soon. It is fantastic! I was lucky enough to see INXS four times with Michael and, so far, six times with JD and have tickets to see them three more times in November. JD is from the same city as me and I have met the band a few times since they first came back to Canada with him last November. That is also when I picked up my copy of SWITCH. Ask your store if they will order it in for you...it is well worth the wait. I know you will enjoy it all as much as you did "Afterglow" It's great to find out about INXS fans from around the world.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a fortune for you , you miser! It will take you eternal time to catch up with the amount spent by Nippun on his legal buys. And what saves half of my salary every month from going overboard, is that I do not have a comp at home! :)

ego said...

@anonymous
The store will be getting the new stock later this week. So I will have my copy of SWITCH then.

Good to hear from someone who has met the Band :)

Anonymous said...

>>But the knowledge that the music you are listening to is one hundred percent legal
oh, man, i have no idea what that feels like, thanks to limewire and suchlike applications.

Anonymous said...

why doesn't my name have a hyperlink to my webpage?

ego said...

@priya
priya said - "oh, man, i have no idea what that feels like, thanks to limewire and suchlike applications."

Which is why I said it cost me a fortune, compared to the price I used to pay (which was nothing) in my college days!