Friday, October 27, 2006

Weekend Mujik

Opening Mood: Weekend Blues!
Opening Song: Piano Man - Billy Joel.

I walked to office today. It was pretty early in the morning and there wasn't much of traffic. And had Radio Indigo to keep me company. The usual soundtracks played on the airwaves. One of them stood apart.So much that I made a conscious attempt to remember the refrains inorder to google it and find out more about that song.

It turns out to be this awesome song called "Afterglow" by the aussie band INXS ( Pronounced In Excess).

When I first heard this song, I thought it was some remix version of Bryan Adams' "Here I am". But it wasn't. It was something much more special. The percussion in the background reminds you of bollywood. But boy, the lyrics ... They are simply too good...

"Touch me and I will follow in your afterglow
Heal me from all this sorrow
As I let you go I will find my way, I will sacrifice
Now I’m living in your afterglow

Bathed in blue, the walls of my memory divide the thorns from the roses
It’s you who is closest "

Buy of the week is their album - The Switch.

Closing Song: Speed of Sound - Coldplay.
Closing Mood: Running home.. Weekend's here!!

No comments: