Friday, November 03, 2006

Imagine

Opening Mood: Weekend blues again...
Opening Song : None...

Fixed a stupid bug which had been creating a lotta noise recently. The fix was accepted in the -mm tree!!

Anyway, I was listening to John Lennon's "Imagine" the other day. Imagine (not the song, but the verb)
how Lennon would have written the song if he lived in the present day. He probably would have written an anthem for open source.

Something like,

Imagine a world so open,
Without any gates or windows
Where people love to share and care
Where knowledge freely flows.

Imagine all the people,
Living with the source.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one..
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

One more of my stoopid imaginations!!!

Closing Song: None.
Closing Mood: Running home for the weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the patch!

on the poem,
its nice, but i never want the world to live as one. There would be no dynamicity, no distinctivity.

being one would cause us to lose our freedom as being more, allows to form our own identity!

Anonymous said...

@theg:
being one doesnt necessarily mean being the same. try reading asimov's Foundation and Earth for more on that.

ego said...

@theg
Thanks!

Coming back to you idea of not having dynamicity, I would disagree.

To quote linux ( I know, it sounds very cliched and old, but I love it) again, the source code is freely available. The agenda is decided dynamically on the mailing list. But still people have managed to come up with so many flavors of it. How?

Well, the answer is simple. For dynamicity, you have two options.
a) Do different things.
b) Do things differently.

Incase of b) you can still be one, and not be the same. I hope I have made my point.

Jayanth Madhav Barki said...

Looks like software's gotten into you!

ego said...

@jayanth
It definitely has, dude :D