Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bye Bye NITK...

Opening song: I'm leaving on the jet plane - John Denver
Opening mood: Nostalgic.


I was about 10 years old. It was a rainy Sunday afternoon. We were coming back from Mangalore from my cousin's wedding. Usually we take the route via moodubidre, but that eventful afternoon, we went via Mulky. That’s the first time I ever saw this college.. It was called Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC) back then. I told my mom, I wanted to study here when I grew up.. She smiled sarcastically.

Seven years later, I entered this institute as a student of computer engineering... Now, four years later, I’m leaving it...

Many of my batch mates became very sentimental while bidding adieu to the place where we saw ourselves transforming from idealistic teenagers to realistic adults.

How do I feel about it, after these four years???

I've enjoyed my every moment in this place... It was a mini city with a confluence of people from all walks of life. These four years, I have accumulated a lot of memories... I don't want to show any sort of disrespect to any of them by shedding a tear. But, deep inside, I do realize that I'm going to miss a lot of things.. Especially the wonderful set of peers, the surroundings, the beach....

These four years, wouldn't have been so much fun, if it weren't for a few people..

Thamie, Deepak or Dark Huge Ape - My accomplice for these four years... Thanks dude, for all those fundae you shared during all the boring classes... You revived my interest in Lit… I had almost forgotten amidst the preparation for JEE , CET and all that..

Shuaib and Vaiju, my exam buddies.... We studied less and kutched more... Exams were probably the only social get together we had.... Else, we would be enjoying ourselves in our islands of isolation...

My roommates, Karthik, Shivdeep, Pradeep thanks for bearing me for one whole year... I know it was difficult, with all my eccentricities, but you guys did a really great job!!!

Loco-Dons - Chakra,Adarsh, Prasanna, Shuaib, Madhu, Pammi, Sudheer... I never thought I would be a part of this fraternity... But I never said that destiny always agreed with me... It's definitely an honor to be a part of this fraternity..

Katti, Vishwa, Manu, Bhatta, Achar, Nisarg,Sathya, the rock stars of comps class... Great kutchers to have around.... The group discussions wouldn't have been so much fun, if not for you people...

Kavya, Nishka, PK, Archana - Thanks for killing that misogynist in me! I enjoyed every bit of my association with you people!

Madhu, Chetan , Sequiera, Kripal, Chetan Kulki,Balu, Reuben... I enjoyed flying in your elite company...

Seniors of mine, who ragged me, who inspired me, who advised me- Sandeep Yadav, Ananth, Harisha, Abhiman Chatra, Praveena, Pai, Vivin, Roshan, Bhupi, Lyn... Its a great pleasure to pass on the legacy which we inherited from you guys...

And my juniors... Wonderful people to have around - Dhaval, Akshaya, Mads, Kalra, saurabh jain, Swathi, Parkal, Prasad,Arjun,Subbu,Karuna, Priya... You guys rock... Just remember that the college won't work any wonders for you.. You guys are the magicians... Just wave that magic wand of yours and see great things happening...

Four years have gone by like a flash... The feeling is bitter sweet.. This one is to all those guys who helped in making it so special. Thank you.

I know there will be days, when I'll be all alone in my home/room/cabin or wherever, when there will be no power, when it'll be raining cats and dogs outside..... These memories will resurface then... I'll savor them... I'll savor them like a connoisseur....

Closing Mood: Still Nostalgic
Closing Song: On the Road again - Forrest Gump Suite.

9 comments:

White Knight said...

senti bavaersi. coll was ranked 8th in the latest india today rankings it seems. many joint it coz it appeared 6th the year we entered. mayb v should join coll again? what say ego?

ego said...

@kripal pais
Oh, I do have plans of re-entering the college.. But may be after a few years and may be with a different role to play... Let's see... It's too early to speculate anything as of now!!!

theG said...

dude.. i was in tears reading this.. well its the college which brought abt the magic.. so lets give it that credit..

Deep said...

He he... now between us, we know, as roommates who beared whom, don't we? ;-)

And ya, don't tell me you coming back as Pais, Shenoy Gautham, the Second!!
Kiddin, I know you will come to recruit big -foreheaded (;-))people for IBM!

ego said...

@theg
The college provides you only the platform.. sometimes not even that.. you have to work hard to get your way....

@shivdeep
I do have plans of joining the academia some day... What kinda person I'll end up being , depends on my experience in the industry!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I enjoyed first year so much that I'm scared wondering what my condition will be when I'll be graduating...

Locos Rule!

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it